Tocino De Cielo Recipe
We like to call it simply spanish heavenly custard.
Tocino de cielo recipe. Mix well and then add the softened butter. With them they created this rich caramel dessert and tocino de cielo actually translates as heaven s bacon referring to its religious origins. From ingredients of common use eggs water sugar and using a technique of not at all particular elaboration we get incredible results with little effort. Tocino del cielo which means heaven s bacon in spanish is a heavier version of custard compared to creamy leche flan and a slight opposite to creme brulee or creme caramel which is lighter in version.
Jerez de la frontera andalusia tocinillo de cielo is similar to the spanish flan but as defenders of either side of this spanish desserts dilemma will tell you there is a significant difference most notably in the fact that this spanish dessert only uses egg yolks while the flan uses a combination of whole eggs and egg yolks. This sweet rich treat is a traditional spanish dessert made with 10 egg yolks sugar and lemon peel. Strain and pour into the caramelised tin. When the tocino has set remove from the oven leave to cool and take it out of the tin.
In this video tapas revolution chef omar allibhoy demonstrates how to make tocinillo de cielo a dish similar to a crème caramel dating back to the 14 th century and originated in andalucian. We could compare it in sweet version with the potato tortilla. Similar to a crème caramel this traditional spanish dessert dates back to the 1300s and the city of jerez where egg whites were used to clarify wine so the leftover yolks were given to the local nuns. Strain and pour on molds 5 place molds in a bain marie water bath filled with water to 2 3 the height of the pan.
Tocinillo de cielo is a distant cousin of flan. Tocinillo de cielo heaven s little pig is one of the most surprising desserts of the spanish gastronomy. The literal translation of tocinillo de cielo is bacon from heaven which tells you how much the spanish love pork. Cook in bain marie in the oven at 150º for around 20 minutes.
Beat the egg yolks and slowly add the syrup stirring with sticks.
- Recetas Con Pescado Blanco
- Recetas Con Salmon Ahumado Faciles
- Recetas Con Puerros En Conserva
- Recetas Con Verduras Congeladas
- Recetas Con Sepia Y Verduras
- Recetas Con Pollo Al Horno
- Recetas Con Salmon Ahumado Rapidas
- Recetas Con Salmon Ahumado
- Recetas Con Verduras Y Pollo
- Recetas Con Muslos De Pollo Colombianas
- Recetas Con Patatas Faciles
- Recetas Con Setas De Cardo
- Recetas Con Pasta Y Pollo
- Recetas Con Patatas Y Huevos
- Recetas Con Muslos De Pollo Al Horno
- Recetas De Alcachofas En Conserva
- Recetas Con Patatas Asadas
- Recetas De Alitas De Pollo
- Recetas Con Repollo Morado
- Recetas Con Pechuga De Pollo Para Niños